Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"pamela" wrote in message
On 21:30 1 Oct 2017, Steve Walker wrote:

And the fact that the EU would make it as didicult as possible,
so as to discourage others leaving, shows exactly why we need to
leave.

For the most part, the EU was mutually beneficial for those who
were in it. If the UK chooses to leave then it can not complain
that it is missing out on the advantages of being a member.

the point is that the EU and the UK DO have a trading relationship

that trading relationship WILL continue once we have left

and FTAOD, it will, be the largest trading partner outside the EU that the
EU have.

and in order to make that as easy as possible for EVERYONE we need to sit
around the table and discuss the agreements for doing so

But they seem to think that they don't need to do that.

And the only reasons that I can see why anyone would be so STUPID is because
they think that by doing this we will crawl back and ask to stay in(when the
will stiff us again by saying "only if you lose all your opt outs)

No deal is as bad for them as it is for us. Messing around with the trading
WILL cost them mega billions. That it is a smaller part of their total GDP
than ours does not make it an insignificant amount.

for every UK lorry stuck in a 12 hour queue to pass customs there will be a
FRENCH lorry stuck in a 12 hour queue to pass customs

for every brit with a professions certificate travelling to the EU to
perform his professional work having his qualification queried as valid,
there will be a EU citizen with some professional certificate having his
qualification being queried as valid

for ever Brit turning up at a French Hospital expecting to be covered by his
EHIC card and being turned away, there will be a French citizen turning up
at an UK hospital expecting to be covered by his EHIC card and being turned
away

etc etc

This isn't about special favours

It's about a continuation of normal life

and you think that it's OK for the EU to negotiators to say "not our
problem, you sort it out"

tim