Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] Buying a new mattress

On 01/10/2017 09:32, Graeme wrote:

Time for a new king size mattress, ours being rather soft and many, many
years old.

Firm support is the way to go, but any recommendations, or types to
avoid?Â* Looking at John Lewis, where they start around £250 and go up to
silly money.Â* Are those in the £300 range acceptable?

I bought a generic memory foam mattress about 10 years ago and it's
fine. I like it because it doesn't need turning and seems to be a
hygienic material. Also, and I suppose this is the best recommendation,
I don't give it a thought.

I gather this is the sort of thing that should be tried before bought. I
don't think I'm that fussy though - for some reason I can sleep fine on
a hard floor, and had a cheap futon for about 20 years.

--
Cheers, Rob