Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can corporations read your email with the corporate domain? Was: Who can read your email?

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 01 Oct 2017 19:59:54 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 16:40:03 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

It's not the practice at most corps to read employees email, but they have the right to, if they want to.

I'm going to assume the worst. Better safe than sorry. Of course that is
just what drives their policy that I object to.

"Read their Email" is archaic as saying "wire tap". I would expect any
big company with a legal department might be scanning Email looking

I'm sure they have a legal department. It's the lawyers who have made
the rules causing the problem. I'm not generally against lawyers**, but
this is inconveniencing ME.

**And one of the two things I learned in my attempt at law school was
that were it not for the threat of a lawsuit, people would be much more
negligent than they are now, which is bad enough. It's insurance
companies that inspect workplaces and insist they are rather safe.

for key words and phrases tho. This is just software. I also bet every
byte of communication on the corporate network is spinning on a disk
drive somewhere. I think the same thing about my AOL email. (or Gmail.
Yahoo or whatever)

Not only that. They don't even want me emailing the doctor. Instead
they have a "portal", a web page where I can write messages, but when I
email, I have a copy and they have a copy. With the webpage, they store
my email and their answers where I can see it, but only as long as they
want to. If trouble is brewing, and a lawsuit, they can delete them and
it will take a subpoena to get a copy from the archives. So I keep my
own copy of everything I post there. A couple of the doctors, in
different practices, have given me their direct email, my gp and the
urologist (who said it was against the rules).

That was what got Hillary in trouble. She was the only one with copies
of her Email (except possibly the person on the other end).
After Linda Tripp, I bet the Clintons have a non disclosure agreement
with their people that includes a virtual if not literal death
penalty.
Smack a few disk drives with a hammer and "there is no evidence to
support that allegation". ;-)