Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Impossible snap ring, how to remove?

On Sun, 01 Oct 2017 11:11:14 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Let us know what works. I've never repaired a jack because grumble
the repair kit (2 o-rings, a spring, and a ball, IIRC) always cost at
least $2 more than an entire brand new freakin' jack. /grumble

Then you are buying them at the wrong places. O rings are a quarter
each until you get to 4"..the spring is a buck and the ball is 50
cents at Ace hardware.

Which is why Ive picked up most of my (23) jacks at yard sales for a
couple bucks each. Humm...the (2) Blackhawk 60 ton jacks were $15
each. One worked fine once I filled it with oil..the other needed the
ball replaced..again...50 cents

---