Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

In article , pamela
writes
On 11:26 30 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:20:02 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

No, I'm complaining about how irresponsible the EU is being.

We need to walk out of these so-called 'talks' and demonstrate
a bit of spine. Let the industrialists in Germany see if they
can get some sense through to these intransigent wasters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...may-must-walk-
away-brexit-talks-christmas-trade-negotiations/

(And FWIW, I fully agree - they are taking us for suckers!)

tim

What would the UK gain by walking away?

Two years.

If we walk away the EU is very unlikley to coming running after us
and implore us to come back and they will behave differently if we
negoatiate.

That's the whole point of walking away. Recognition that negotiating
with them is a waste of time.
In the eventuality that in 2 years the UK hasn't made many trade
deals and the UK's arrangements are all a bit of mess, then the
fallback option will be to buy and sell goods with the EU because
they are so close and our goods are to their specs.

Another remoaner who thinks trade will suddenly stop the day we leave.
Bositerous Brexiteers thought the EU needed us more than we need
them. The reality is totally different.

Another remoaner with a vivid imagination. They do a substantial amount
of trade with us as we do with them. Therefore it makes sense to keep
trade barriers to a minimum - preferably zero.
--
bert