Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Impossible snap ring, how to remove?

"bob prohaska" wrote in message
news
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 21:42:44 -0000 (UTC), bob prohaska
wrote:
The Urban Dictionary link surprised me a little; didn't see
any reference to wrenches.....times change.

'Twas a joke, Bob, and it came up in my google search.

Oops, apologies for being so thick...At one time a thing called
"The Urban Dictionary" was a useful guide to language too modern
to be found in traditional dictionaries.

In any case, it looks as if I'm stuck on a problem more basic.

For reasons unclear, the two major fasteners on the jack
are tight beyond my ability to move them (and any obvious reason).
They're items 4 and 34 on the first figure in
http://www.zefox.net/~bp/model_k_breakdown.pdf

I managed to bolt the unit body (item 12) to the hitch mount
on my Scout and put a pipe wench on item 4 with a 4 foot cheater
and all my 140 pounds, plus a hammer. It didn't yield.

Item 34 is more delicate, so I made a spanner out of black iron
pipe,
but that bent before the packing box turned. As others have noted,
pipe
is soft, so maybe something from a grade 8 nut has a better chance.

I'm planning to visit Valley Hydraulics in Woodland unless the
Jack-X-Change supplies some useful tech support to go with the seal
kit.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Suggesting solutions would be easier if we knew what machine tools you
have available.

-jsw