Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:
No the reality is the the EU are a bunch of bullies who think that by
bullying us into terms that are very bad for us, very good for them we
will meekly say "perhaps we shouldn't leave then" (and then they will
turn up the screw even higher and strip us of our opt outs)

You really need to think this through.

We joined the EU of our own free will. Agreed to all the rules and
regulations, or negotiated an opt out if not to our taste.

and we have given our notice to leave as required by the rules

and the EU are now trying to re-write these leaving rules to suit
themselves.

Due to self serving ******s like Farage and his other bully boys stirring
up those who knew no better, 'we' voted to leave.

Not been thrown out of the club - but said it wasn't for us anymore.

But now seem to have discovered lots of it was in the interests of the
country as a whole. And like a selfish toddler want to hang on to what
suits us regardless of the rules of that club.

There will NEED to be a set of future trading rules between us and the EU
after we have left. This is for the benefit of everyone, EU included.

But the EU seem to think that they don't need to sit down and discuss this,
they got better things to do (apparently).

FTAOD There is no presumption that the above means that the end result of
the discussion should be specifically beneficial to the UK [1]. Just that
all those little things which NEED to be sorted out, are sorted out, before
the leaving date.

tim

[1] Except in the sense that it affects a larger portion of our world trade
than it does the EU's world trade, but that is inevitable - you can't use
that fact as a justification for a country not being able to exercise its
right to leave.