Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:26 30 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:20:02 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

No, I'm complaining about how irresponsible the EU is being.

We need to walk out of these so-called 'talks' and demonstrate
a bit of spine. Let the industrialists in Germany see if they
can get some sense through to these intransigent wasters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...may-must-walk-
away-brexit-talks-christmas-trade-negotiations/

(And FWIW, I fully agree - they are taking us for suckers!)

tim

What would the UK gain by walking away?

If we walk away the EU is very unlikley to coming running after us
and implore us to come back and they will behave differently if we
negoatiate.

That's precisely what the are expected to do

They need there to be a deal

No they don't. They are free to have no deal and for
Germany to keep exporting cars etc under WTO rules.

no deal is equally bad for them

Nope. WTO rules work fine for them too.

Yes, free trade would work better for both partys, but
would also see a few others considering leaving too
which looks bad for the EU just because they are
considering leaving. That's why Barnier is playing
silly buggers on an exit fee even tho Article 50
and the Lisbon Treaty say nothing about one.

In the eventuality that in 2 years the UK hasn't made many trade
deals and the UK's arrangements are all a bit of mess, then the
fallback option will be to buy and sell goods with the EU because
they are so close and our goods are to their specs.

who said that we were going to stop trading with the EU

Fools like the Plow**** who have never had a ****ing clue.

Its just project fear in spades. It was never going to happen.

That isn't what no deal means

Correct. Trade will continue under WTO rules because both
Britain and the EU are signatorys, just like almost everyone
else except a few completely irrelevancys like North Korea that
can be quite literally counted on the fingers of just one hand.

Bositerous Brexiteers thought the EU needed us more than we need them.
The reality is totally different.

No the reality is the the EU are a bunch of bullies who think that by
bullying us into terms that are very bad for us, very good for them we
will meekly say "perhaps we shouldn't leave then"

I doubt even they think there is any possibility of that.

Its actually about discouraging anyone else from considering leaving.

(and then they will turn up the screw even higher and strip us of our opt
outs)

I doubt it. If Britain was stupid enough to decide to
not leave, they likely would be very happy with that
and wouldn't risk Britain deciding to leave anyway.

by making it very very clear that isn't going to happen, they will see
sense

Bet they don't. Bet they just accept that there is no agreement.