Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:29:00 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

And don't forget the far more important thing - financial etc
services.
Plenty EU centres are out to take that business away from London.

You mean the super-criminals the brought us to the very edge of ruin in
2007/08, Dave. I say ****ing good riddance to those ****s. Let them
bankrupt the Germans and the French next time if they're stupid enough
invite disaster upon themselves.

Ah - right. We're going to exist in the future by selling Morris Oxfords
to the Indians.

Nope, aircraft engines and wings to Airbus, docos and TV series to
everyone
they are sold to now, same with scotch etc too. And financial services in
spades.

you're replying to an assumption that we are no longer in the financial
services sector

That’s a stupid assumption. Britain will always be in the financial
services sector even when not in the EU. Same with aircraft engines,
wings, docos, TV series, book publishing, scotch etc etc etc.

A few of them might have some tariff applied to them like scotch
particularly, to support the Eire alternative product, but when that
has no real effect on those that prefer yankee bourbon etc now,
I can't see its going to have any real effect on the scotch trade either.

Might have more effect on the gin trade, but even then,
India does fine outside the EU so even then I doubt that too.

There is plenty that the EU will have to continue to get from
Britain, if only because they don’t produce it themselves.

They are hopeless at financial services too, lending billions to
Greece when anyone with even half a clue could see that that
was never going to be repaid in full, let alone the interest paid.