Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Sanyo M2820 Portable Radio/Cassette Recorder Schematic Source

In article ,
says...

Try preheating the radio. If it then comes on immediately you've almost certainly got a lazy small value electrolytic on the board.

If you have an ESR checker, run through all the caps after the radio has spent about half an hour in the refrigerator.

I still make an excellent living repairing consumer electronics, and using time saving shortcuts allow me to do so. Very few things these days has a full schematic for it. Most of the time I'm piecing them together from IC datasheets.

If it has a switching power supply that is where I would look for a bad
capacitor or more. If you have one of the SMD heat guns, play it on the
electrolytic capacitors to see which one makes it come on faster.