Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How long does tiling take?

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:43:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/29/2017 10:44 AM, Pragmatic to a Fault wrote:
replying to Danny4Tile, Pragmatic to a Fault wrote:
Quality Job
Fast Job
Cheap Job

Pick two, because that's all you get.* If somebody promises you all three,
you'll wind up with nothing!

When I was doing my bathrooms a couple of years ago, I thought the tile
guy was taking forever. Seemed like at the end of the day just about
nothing was done. It has been three years now since it was finished and
I cannot find even a minor flaw. Everything is perfectly plumb and
level, (epoxy) grout is perfect. He was priced fairly too. I caught
him at a time he was not busy and I did not bug him so he liked working
in my house.

I told a boss one time; you hired me because I'm good, not because I'm
fast. I followed his exact instructions. He agreed on the quality of
my work as he instructed me.