Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Alarm question - PIRs, window contacts or optical boundary?

On 27/09/2017 16:59, wrote:

I was thinking of using sealed reed switches (which is what I used in
the previous house) - how do they get affected by damp?

Window frames are terrible for condensation. It gets into connections.

The existing PIRs are wired, but aren't "animal proof" so I need to
either replace them or change to switches. The problem is still what
happens when people wander about in the night when the alarm is set.

If these people close an internal door it can set off a window contact.

Bill