Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default DAB unit for car with only vhf?

On 26/09/2017 08:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
I seem to be being told that a lot depends on the aerial. and I'd have
thought that, as all aerials needs to be in the clear and high as possible.
Some DAB front ends are rather deaf.

Not so much deaf as deafened by strong adjacent channel. Local DAB txs
create a coverage hole for high powered main txs.

Incidentally I made a DAB aerial from a cheap car aerial base. Fitted a
length of steel wire intended for the Severn Bridge and trimmed it a few
mm at a time. Connected to the radio with 75 ohm TV cable. Works very well.

Bill