Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Impossible snap ring, how to remove?

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 20:23:33 +0200, Robert Roland
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 23:15:36 -0000 (UTC), bob prohaska
wrote:

I'd like to remove two snaprings from an old Hein Werner model K
floor jack.

To me, they look too thick to be snap rings. I'd say they are mild
steel that is simply bent into place. Tap them with punch and see if
it leaves a mark.

If that is the case, you might be able to bend them apart with two
pairs of pliers.

That could be true. Ive seen em before in similar applications. Good
call! Test em to see if they are mild steel.

---