Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"pamela" wrote in message
On 08:52 27 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , tim...
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,

AFAIA every single Brexiter wants an EU Trade agreement.
It's the means by which it is achieved that differs

No Brexiteer wants a trade agreement with the EU. We already
had one. They want to have a deal on their terms only.

nonsense, that's just negotiation bluster

Which is not an agreement.

which the EU seems to excel in doing when they negotiate

AISB, wake me up when the EU has learnt what he word
"negotiation" means. And when they start practising what the
word means.

This makes me laugh. The UK decision to leave forced the EU into
negotiations. Now the EU is acting in a way which maximises the
outcome for them. What else did we expect?

because it risks them getting nothing

It was reasonable to expect that they wouldn't be quite so bullying

Did we honestly think the EU would follow an exaggerated British
sense of fair play?

well no

but they could at least says "that's a good offer" occasionally

Just wait until we start trade negotiations with non-EU countries
because they too will most probably not go the way we like.

it's much easier to walk away from those though

There is no "must have a deal" case for bilateral trade deals with
individual middling countries

There are plenty of fish in the sea if one country asks for too much

tim