Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default unFIT solar

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 20:48:03 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

solar farm with its own battery storage and no FITs ...

http://anesco.co.uk/clayhill-uks-first-subsidy-free-solar-farm

Well, that's a start (towards solar standing on it's own two feet).

Now we just need to be sure that it actually creates more energy and
actually saves (not creates more) pollution over it's lifetime and we
can at least make use of them during daylight hours (and mostly in the
summer, not so much in the winter when we need such energy, in the UK
especially for heating and charging our electric cars that are even
less efficient in the cold).

Cheers, T i m