Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default unFIT solar

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Efficiency of electricity storage is what we want to know. Until we have
efficient storage and a similarly efficient way to distribute the power
then renewable are not really viable except possibly to the local
community in hard to get at places.

I way thinking the other day about the current trend toward wireless
charging of devices.This surely has to be very inefficient compared to a
connection? its going to be inductive and even if the hz is raised to make
it more efficient that has got to have losses.
All so we do not have a plug in psu??

I notice you can now get sofas with built in USB ports so the next step is
obviously wireless charging arms.
Brian

I'm not so sure that inductive charging is inefficient. Difficult to do yes,
but I doubt
much energy can be wasted in free air. Any losses would be in the windings
and
magnetic materials. The method does have the advantage of not wearing out
connectors.
--
Dave W