Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Pencil Sharpener

Quenching was a great demonstration of how to make the edges hard.

I suppose its in the end all about responsibility. the guy who was walking
along with his javelin point forwards in a crowded field of children was a
moron, and I had to suffer a hole in my leg because of it.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Graham." wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:09:01 +0100, Andy Burns
coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful
comprehension...

Mark wrote:

fred wrote:

small hand held device with a blade used to sharpen a pencil.

Isn't that a knife?

It was when I was at primary school; we had to go up to the teacher's
desk to use a wood handled stanley knive, as far as I recall nobody died.

Knives were compulsory at ours.

In the Juniors, the first thing we made in Woodwork was a balsa
pipe-rack for our dads. (This is un-PC on several levels). We used a
modeling knife to whittle the indentations in the base for the pipe
bowls.

In High school all the boys in my class made a dagger (The girls had
to do cookery or learning about periods, IIRC)
officially it was a paper-knife but any passing Samurai would have
been impressed in how we sharpened and honed those blades.

To his credit, the teacher did blunt some of the finer examples on the
grind-stone before we could take them home.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%