Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slitting saw usage ?

They can read mine from anywhere in the country with an internet and the
pass-code. My power company reads 3 of my meters that way. Keeps them
off my place and fewer people. It aids the third party power companies
who get the data and do it themselves or perhaps they get the main one
to supply the data.

Martin

On 9/25/2017 6:03 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:26:41 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Do you have a lightning arrestor at your breaker box?

I haven't changed the house wiring, but I unplug a lot of things
when
I hear distant thunder or radar shows an approaching storm front. We
rarely get isolated pop-up thunderstorms.

OK.

Lightning hit the pole in front of the house once, scaring the $#!+
out of the neighbor working near it. The only damage was to the old
carbon arrestor in the phone network interface box. The electric
meter
and its box and drop are fairly new so I assume they are up to spec.

You assume with the people who gave us the Home Irradiator
electronic
meters and Time of Use fees? Um, OK. Not so much, here.

They can read it from the street but it isn't a networked Smart Meter.
https://www.altestore.com/static/dat...ta%20Sheet.pdf