Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default Prostate Examination

On 25/09/2017 20:42, GB wrote:
On 25/09/2017 20:24, Nick wrote:
On 24/09/2017 20:54, Tim+ wrote:
Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:

Anyone know if doctors can DIY their own prostate exam? Obviously if
they
can, the rest of us can learn to do it for ourselves and save the
yearly
appointment (we're all busy people after all).

As someone who has performed rectal examinations, I would say no.
Â* Unless you've got the arms of a gibbon and extraordinary
Â* flexibility, you're not going to be able to do an adequate
Â* physical examination.

Definitely a job to "outsource".

If you are so squeamish why become a doctor. (assuming that's what you
were and not a sex worker.)

Tim can speak for himself, but I didn't read his remarks as suggesting
he was at all squeamish about it.

Ah yes, I thought by outsource he meant one doctor shifting the task
onto another

On rereading I see he actually just meant not a diy task.

I was letting my own personal experience cloud my judgement.