Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

In article , says...

On 9/25/2017 3:06 PM, pandora wrote:

My new Mazda hatchback has a key fob to start the car. It can be left in
my pants pocket or my purse and it still starts the car as long as it's
in the car. Unless the battery in the key fob dies and then nothing
which happened to me recently. Changed the battery and all was good.

If it happens again, try holding the fob right next to the start button.
If the battery is weak it may give enough signal to get the car
started so you can go to the battery store for a new one.

Depending on the car, you have to place the fob in a certain place. The
Toyota I have is next to the start button. There is a coil in the
button ( place for fob) and the fob that acts similar to a transformer
and will power up the system so you can start the car if the battery is
dead.

Normally the car will start if you just have the fob in your pocket. I
never take it out of my pocket to start my Toyota or open the doors or
trunk. A touch in the right place on the door handle will unlock or
lock the car. A push on a button on the trunk will unlock the trunk if
you have the fob on you .