Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
pandora pandora is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:17:57 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/25/2017 3:06 PM, pandora wrote:

My new Mazda hatchback has a key fob to start the car. It can be left
in my pants pocket or my purse and it still starts the car as long as
it's in the car. Unless the battery in the key fob dies and then
nothing which happened to me recently. Changed the battery and all was
good.

If it happens again, try holding the fob right next to the start button.
If the battery is weak it may give enough signal to get the car
started so you can go to the battery store for a new one.

I know that now. That's exactly what the tow truck driver did when I
called him. Was *I* embarrassed. You betcha!