Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

On 9/25/2017 11:53 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 10:00:01 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

On 25-Sep-17 8:41 AM, June Bug wrote:

that the car is locking itself.

The question is why and how.

See what wrote to smug Cindy as well, but I'd suggest reading the
operators manual carefully; it _should_ describe the system
functionality, _presuming_ there isn't an aftermarket security system
installed--I saw several comments that some of those apparently do have
such a "feature" that isn't factory.

This is a borrowed car the o.p. is asking about. I seriously doubt she
is going to be heading to the dealership or reading the manual to over-
ride this problem. Evidently she is careless with other people's
property and leaves the key in the car and then whines she can't unlock
the doors.

I'm not going to condemn her just yet. How long before the doors lock?
She may have been in view of the car and just got out for a short time
to get the mail, lock the house, get the shopping bag or some other
simple thing we've all done. Leaving the key under those circumstances
is not careless at all. Self locking would be a surprise for most of us
that don't have that "feature" I don't want my car to be my nanny.