Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 10:00:01 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

On 25-Sep-17 8:41 AM, June Bug wrote:

that the car is locking itself.

The question is why and how.

See what wrote to smug Cindy as well, but I'd suggest reading the
operators manual carefully; it _should_ describe the system
functionality, _presuming_ there isn't an aftermarket security system
installed--I saw several comments that some of those apparently do have
such a "feature" that isn't factory.

This is a borrowed car the o.p. is asking about. I seriously doubt she
is going to be heading to the dealership or reading the manual to over-
ride this problem. Evidently she is careless with other people's
property and leaves the key in the car and then whines she can't unlock
the doors.