Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 3:34:51 AM UTC-5, Bubba wrote:

My wife has a 2016 Camry and the only thing you need to start the car is the key.Â* The doors don't lock by themselves.Â* RTFM, google it or pester your Toyota service department.

Of course, we never leave the keys in the car because there are too many thieving democrats lurking in the bushes and/or hiding under rocks.

Hahahahaaaaa!!! I don't leave keys in my vehicle either as there
are too many thieves around but I don't have a clue as to their
political leanings.

But as to why the original poster left the keys in the car is a
mystery to me and it being a borrowed car on top of that.

I think the lesson learned here is to never lend your car. Especially
to people who are careless with the keys.