Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Burglar alarms

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
Has anyone come across a company installing burglar alarms but not
requiring a maintenance agreement?

Printer ink, electric toothbrush head.... marketing syndrome!

I feel competent to do an annual walk test and routine battery change
but doubt my ability to organise the initial set up.

So far, I have arranged multicore cabling to likely detector points and
door button sets but stalled on finding someone to supply the kit and
get it going.

You've already done all the hard work. It's not that complicated wiring in
the panel. I managed it OK. ;-)

If you do your own, don't connect up the external sounder until
you have managed at least 3 months with no false alarms.
Otherwise, you will have blown all credibility in your alarm
by your neighbours, by the time you have it working properly,
and then it's worthless.

Sound advice:-)

--
Tim Lamb