Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default ebait

"PeterC" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:14:42 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 21:50:59 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 24/09/2017 20:45, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 24 September 2017 17:46:58 UTC+1, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 24/09/17 13:11, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

what do you think of the new ebay sellers users agreement? .....

I thought it was a bit off, and unenforceable. You have to supply
contact details to complete a sale, and they seem to be suggesting you
cannot subsequently use those contact details...

I don't think prevention of trade elsewhere is legal. Whether they can
charge for trading offsite I'm not so clear.

I don't think they are trying to prevent trade elsewhere, only
completion of a trade that was started inside ebay, or the contact
between buyer and seller was initially brokered through ebay.

If having completed a trade through ebay, you gain the sellers contact
details and later approach them about a different trade without
reference to ebay, then there is nothing they can do about it, since the
seller will not have agreed to give ebay any exclusivity for all sales.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policie...ebay-sale.html
AIUI if you buy externally from a seller you met in ebay, ebay claim they
can charge you commission & much more for that.

NT

After buying from Ledlam via Ebay, I had an e-mail to confirm the order
and
an offer of 10% discount for buying direct from Ledlam.
Another interest was for curtains. Found something suitable, looked at the
seller's site and realised that it was in my home town.

that's just luck though

mostly these sellers are in anonymous warehouses in places like Doncaster

fine if you live in Doncaster, but not much use for the rest of us

tim