Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Burglar alarms

On 24/09/2017 09:14, Tim Lamb wrote:
Has anyone come across a company installing burglar alarms but not
requiring a maintenance agreement?

Printer ink, electric toothbrush head.... marketing syndrome!

I feel competent to do an annual walk test and routine battery change
but doubt my ability to organise the initial set up.

So far, I have arranged multicore cabling to likely detector points and
door button sets but stalled on finding someone to supply the kit and
get it going.

I installed a Texecom Premier Elite to replace an earlier system. It
allows remote access via the Internet which was important for me. Quite
good, but long instructions. It is in a bungalow so cables to PIRs are
quite easy. I bought all the bits from some web site.

--
Michael Chare