Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default ebait

On 24/09/2017 20:45, wrote:
On Sunday, 24 September 2017 17:46:58 UTC+1, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 24/09/17 13:11, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what do you think of the new ebay sellers users agreement? .....

I thought it was a bit off, and unenforceable. You have to supply
contact details to complete a sale, and they seem to be suggesting you
cannot subsequently use those contact details...

I don't think prevention of trade elsewhere is legal. Whether they can charge for trading offsite I'm not so clear.

I don't think they are trying to prevent trade elsewhere, only
completion of a trade that was started inside ebay, or the contact
between buyer and seller was initially brokered through ebay.

If having completed a trade through ebay, you gain the sellers contact
details and later approach them about a different trade without
reference to ebay, then there is nothing they can do about it, since the
seller will not have agreed to give ebay any exclusivity for all sales.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |