Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT: Burglar alarms (slight thread hijack)

In article , GB
wrote:
On 24/09/2017 10:27, wrote:
On 24/09/2017 09:29, Mark Allread wrote: .... snipped

I'm assuming that you *don't* want a monitored system and that it is
*not* an insurance requirement.

This raises an interesting point. I've not declared the alarm to the
insurance company because I did not want to find that the insurance
company wriggled out of a claim if we had an "incident" and had
forgotten to set the alarm, the same with window locks. Am I right to
be concerned about this?

Also, currently dithering about whether or not to start paying for a
monitoring service again. As the OP said: it feels a bit like the
printer ink syndrome but, in a rural area, is there any point in
setting an alarm without monitoring?

Can you get the alarm to notify your mobile phone?

That's what mine does.

If you want the police to attend calls, they may have certain criteria
regarding maintenance.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England