Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Overhead Kitchen Light Fixture And LED's Question

On 9/23/17 6:11 AM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Have to replace a Very old overhead kitchen light fixture
which uses two 60 W incandscent bulbs.

Seems like just about everything I can find that looks anything
like what we now have use LED's.

Guess it depends on the fixture, but in general is it
possible, or safe, to probably use incandescents in them ?

Too much heat, or... possibly ?

Bob

I couldn't find it on the Ace Hardware website. The local
store has flush mount
LED fixtures that just screw into the existing incandescent fixture. It
looks like one screws the fixture in to the socket then adjusts the
fixture against the ceiling.