Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 24/09/2017 6:21 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 09/23/2017 12:29 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/23/2017 1:24 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:40:17 -0600, rbowman wrote:

And if you're taking blood thinners or even common aspirin, band-aids,
plenty of band-aids....

Some videos are titled "toyota versus mechanic, round 2".

Maybe brutal but Fiat vs Mechanic is a death match.

I had a Fiat Spyder but it didn't last long enough for me to work on it.
After a few heated discussions with the car salesman we worked out a
deal where I got a Mustang. I think the promise to park the damn Fiat in
his office got his attention.

I did do a rebuild on an Alfa Romeo Giulietta though. Wet sleeve engine?
Who does that anymore? I also have a couple of scars from when a friend
rolled his in which I was a passenger. They do not hold up well going
60mph upside down and backwards.

I never had an Italian bike. Desmodromic valves are too weird even for me.

The concept is good, the execution sucks.

--

Xeno