Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 09/23/2017 12:24 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 14:47:08 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

Additional hints: always replace the throwout bearing,

The videos are instrumental for me to visualize what you're saying, as this
one, for example, at time 195 seconds, shows that throwout bearing (aka
release bearing) in action.
https://youtu.be/9UmrCl2nLKM?t=195

I don't know what we did before videos and digital photography. The last
Yaris I had came without a radio. Putting a radio in these days means
starting down around the console with a plastic putty knife popping of
various trim pieces until you work your way up to the speedometer
assembly. Thanks the Gods for the forum's step by step photos.

Even for some projects where I'd draw a sketch to make sure I'd get
everything back in the same place I can now just take a picture.