Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 09/23/2017 12:28 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
Personally, I use bolt when it's threaded into something that has matching
threads (these are generally relatively shallow angle threads).

I use screws for when it's a steeper-angled thread that "bites" into the
material (often with a sharp point).

Now you're getting into wood screws versus machine screws... That adds
a whole new layer of ambiguity. I won't even go into the wondrous world
of straight, Philips, Robertson, Torx, and whatever Apple dreamed up
this month to make it almost impossible to take their stuff apart.