Posted to uk.d-i-y
dicegeorge dicegeorge is offline

Default Radial earth return in FAQ diagram

aha looking again on Yellow OnSiteGuide A3:2015 page 81 7.5.2 Circuits
"The wiring of every final circuit and distribution circuit having a protective conductor current likely to exceed 10mA must have high integrity protective conductor connections complying with one or more of the following:
(a)***
(b)***
(c) two individual protective conductors *** the ends being terminated independently
(d)***

aha - most radials wont have leakage of more than 10mA,
" i.e. its a special case and not a general requirement."

thanks - that diagram of the extra earth wire had been niggling at the back of my mind as I think about improving the wiring of my house ...

[george]

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 6:50:48 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/09/2017 17:22, DICEGEORGE wrote:
YELLOW ONSITE GUIDE PAGE 82 FIG7.5.II
shows a green/yellow return earth wire from the end of the radial circuit supplying socket outlets and is labelled
"Duplicate protective conductor. Keep close to circuit conductors to reduce EMC effects.

That sounds like one of the illustrations in section 7.6 which is
specifically about circuits with high protective conductor currents,
that require high integrity earthing.

i.e. its a special case and not a general requirement.

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 3:14:54 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2017 12:46, DICEGEORGE wrote:
Shouldnt there be an additional earth return to consumer unit from the end of the radial circuits in the FAQ diagram at
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...nners#Overview
?

No.

--