Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 09/23/2017 12:24 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:40:17 -0600, rbowman wrote:

And if you're taking blood thinners or even common aspirin, band-aids,
plenty of band-aids....

Some videos are titled "toyota versus mechanic, round 2".

Work on cars long enough and you figure they're all Christine's
siblings. I had a '60 Plymouth that I'm certain was a relative. It
started as a pushbutton Torqueflite and ended up as a floor shift
manual. That's when I learned about endless projects. Among other
difficulties the parking brake for the AT was a drum on the end of the
transmission. I wasn't concerned about that until the lack of a safety
brake was pointed out to me by a State Trooper. So, next project was
swapping out the rear axle for one that had a safety brake and
fabricating the linkage. No big deal after inventing the whole hydraulic
clutch system from miscellaneous parts laying around.

Kept me out of trouble, I guess.