Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Chaya Eve Chaya Eve is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:21:31 +1000, Xeno wrote:

Learn to differentiate between pedal free play and release bearing free
play - you should be able to feel two (2) distinct steps - pedal play,
then release play. Some systems work on zero free play at the release
bearing (e.g. carbon thrust block types) but, in the case of hydraulic
systems, there is *always* a need for free play at the master cylinder
end. This is to ensure correct operation of the MC hydraulics.

Thanks for that information where I noticed that this video, at time 213
seconds, shows me what I think you're trying to tell me about the "release
bearing" play:
https://youtu.be/9UmrCl2nLKM?t=213