Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default P**s up and brewery.

On 23/09/17 18:19, pamela wrote:
On 14:05 23 Sep 2017, Harold Davis wrote:

pamela wrote in news:XnsA7F98EF92106CD4AM2@
81.171.92.183:

On 13:15 23 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:34:59 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

Not that this alters the case for leaving one iota.

True. There was never a good case for leaving the EU and even
less now. Delaying jumping off the cliff isn't going to
change the eventual outcome. International confidence in the
UK is dropping all the time and several agencies have
downgraded the UK's credit rating as a result.

The fact that the
EU would do this merely confirms why we should be leaving.

No. EU cohesion is more important than one country who are
trying to leave. The EU recognise how stupid the UK is at the
moment. The little englanders have sold you a dud.

And the UK negociators haven't a clue what they are doing.

Don't be silly. If the EU can only be held together by threats
and bullying then it should be dissolved altogether and new
arrangements made.

The problem is not so much having an EU, it's *this* EU, this
*corrupt* and *undemocratic* EU.

And FYI, there aren't any "little englanders", and they
haven't sold me anything; I've known about how unfit for
purpose the EU is for many years.

Little Englanders are very much alive and kicking. They are
Farage and Johnson's supporters.

These Litle Englanders seem to forget how, for decades after
the war Britain slipped behind it's European neighbours
economically and was known as the sick man of Europe. The
Little Englanders opposed change and in particular change the
way the Europeans were doing. In the end, the loss was ours
and we had to spend decades catching up as best as we could.

Anyone who hasn't got **** for brains knows that Britain should
stay in the EU.

I don't even argue the point because it's so obvious.

Harry

The Leavers now need to prove their original claims that it will
be like a picnic with sweets for everybody.

That was never the claim. Teh claim was that it would liberate
hardworking people to make things better, not that lazy lefty****s would
get a free ride.

Josef Stalin