Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"Mark" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:15:19 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:34:59 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

Not that this alters the case for leaving one iota.

True. There was never a good case for leaving the EU and even less
now. Delaying jumping off the cliff isn't going to change the
eventual outcome. International confidence in the UK is dropping all
the time and several agencies have downgraded the UK's credit rating
as a result.

The fact that the
EU would do this merely confirms why we should be leaving.

No. EU cohesion is more important than one country who are trying to
leave. The EU recognise how stupid the UK is at the moment. The
little englanders have sold you a dud.

And the UK negociators haven't a clue what they are doing.

Don't be silly. If the EU can only be held together by threats and
bullying then it should be dissolved altogether and new arrangements
made.

Oh dear. You seem to be among those who think
the EU should do exactly what the UK tells it to.

Nope, just allow it to have what all but 3 of these have.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

The EU has never been a club for the UK to control.

No one wants to control the EU.

It's about cooperation

The EU isnt. Its actually about their way or the
highway with stuff like the eurozone, schengen,
unelected bureaucrats deciding policy etc etc etc.

- which it is not getting much from the UK now.

Because the majority who bothered to vote voted to leave.

You get to like that or lump it.

What we're about to get now is the worst of both "worlds":

Bull**** on deciding who can come to the country alone.

We'll still be paying large sums of money to the EU

Bull****.

but getting nothing back

More bull**** on deciding who gets to move to Britain alone.

and having no say over EU rules.

Britain gets no say on EU rules now. It got no say
on new joiners being forced to join the eurozone,
on the free movement of EU citizens within the EU,
or even on whether accept its quota of illegals.

The problem is not so much having an EU, it's
*this* EU, this *corrupt* and *undemocratic* EU.

It's no less democratic and corrupt than the UK political system,

Corse its much less democratic when the EP cant even write its
own legislation and can only vote on whether to accept or reject
what unelected bureaucrats have presented and can't even sack
one of them, it has to sack the whole lot if its ****ed off enough.

better in fact.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

And FYI, there aren't any "little englanders", and
they haven't sold me anything; I've known about
how unfit for purpose the EU is for many years.

From your posts you seem to be a "little englander" based on your
prejudices.

He can't when he has always said that the EEC was a
great idea but that the EU isnt on quite a bit of the detail
they force on countrys that are considering joining.