Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 9/23/2017 4:39 AM, Chaya Eve wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 15:08:54 +1000, Xeno wrote:

We had such a generic alignment tool available. The issue was that it
didn't handle the dual clutch system on the tractor at all well. The
local dealer didn't have a *factory one* for the tractor but he lent us
one he'd made up on a lathe. It wasn't a firm fit however, hence the
need to pack it up with tape. Coupled with 4 alignment dowels, made out
of bolts with heads removed, fitted into the block, the mating up
process was the smoothest I'd ever encountered.

What I don't understand, since I don't even know why this "alignment tool"
is needed, is what happens if I don't have this special alignment tool?

Without it you curse a lot. You may need blood pressure medication too.