Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Overhead Kitchen Light Fixture And LED's Question

On 9/23/2017 7:11 AM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Have to replace a Very old overhead kitchen light fixture
which uses two 60 W incandscent bulbs.

Seems like just about everything I can find that looks anything
like what we now have use LED's.

Guess it depends on the fixture, but in general is it
possible, or safe, to probably use incandescents in them ?

Too much heat, or... possibly ?

Bob

They use LED because it is by far the more sensible way to light a
kitchen. I hope you have good under counter lights if you are using two
60W for the kitchen.

The fixture should be marked with a rating for the bulbs you can use.
Heat is a factor, especially if enclosed.

I'm considering changing our kitchen fixture to something using LED
lights. I'd have the "daylight" bulbs for the brightness they give in a
work area. In our bathrooms we have over the mirror fixtures that use
three of the 60W equivalent LED bulbs.