Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:15:19 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:34:59 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

Not that this alters the case for leaving one iota.

True. There was never a good case for leaving the EU and even less
now. Delaying jumping off the cliff isn't going to change the
eventual outcome. International confidence in the UK is dropping all
the time and several agencies have downgraded the UK's credit rating
as a result.

The fact that the
EU would do this merely confirms why we should be leaving.

No. EU cohesion is more important than one country who are trying to
leave. The EU recognise how stupid the UK is at the moment. The
little englanders have sold you a dud.

And the UK negociators haven't a clue what they are doing.

Don't be silly. If the EU can only be held together by threats and
bullying then it should be dissolved altogether and new arrangements
made.

Oh dear. You seem to be among those who think the EU should do
exactly what the UK tells it to. The EU has never been a club for the
UK to control. It's about cooperation - which it is not getting much
from the UK now.

What we're about to get now is the worst of both "worlds": We'll
still be paying large sums of money to the EU but getting nothing back
and having no say over EU rules.

The problem is not so much having an EU, it's *this* EU, this *corrupt*
and *undemocratic* EU.

It's no less democratic and corrupt than the UK political system,
better in fact.

And FYI, there aren't any "little englanders", and they haven't sold me
anything; I've known about how unfit for purpose the EU is for many
years.

From your posts you seem to be a "little englander" based on your
prejudices.