Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:34:59 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , pamela
wrote:

On 10:28 23 Sep 2017, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
On 22/09/2017 16:22, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , pamela
wrote:

Of course the UK imports more EU goods than the other way
around. However, the pro-EU states seem prepared to accept
this loss of income if it teaches the lesson that leavers,
now and in the future, will incur a financial cost based on
principle not logic.

Exactly as I quoted Yanis Varoufakis as having said on
BBCR4Today the other morning. He understands the ****ish
behaviour of the EU even if Remoaners here don't.

I think some Remoaners revel in such EU behaviour.

Unlike you optimists, the EU are behaving pretty well as they
said they would - and remainers predicted - before the
referendum. So basically you've been proved to be wrong saying
they's simply roll over and give in to the UK, as 'they need us
more than we need them' and other such vain predictions.

That's exactly so.

The EU is puting forward an experienced team of smooth and
slippery negotiators who are starting from a position of strength
whereas our negotiators, such as Boris Johnson, seem to trumpet
their shambolic amateurism.

The EU does not need an easy British exit more than it needs
future cohesion which it will ensure by creating a difficult exit
for Britain. To this end the EU is prepared to fund any financial
losses to itself.

Which is essentially what Varoufakis was saying.

Theresa May is now stalling for time because the outcome is going
to be messy and unpopular, just a the Remainers always expected.

Not that this alters the case for leaving one iota.

True. There was never a good case for leaving the EU and even less
now. Delaying jumping off the cliff isn't going to change the
eventual outcome. International confidence in the UK is dropping all
the time and several agencies have downgraded the UK's credit rating
as a result.

The fact that the
EU would do this merely confirms why we should be leaving.

No. EU cohesion is more important than one country who are trying to
leave. The EU recognise how stupid the UK is at the moment. The
little englanders have sold you a dud.

And the UK negociators haven't a clue what they are doing.