Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Chaya Eve Chaya Eve is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:44:43 +1000, Xeno wrote:

Most engines that I've come across are not "parallel to the garage
floor". In fact, most are inclined at a slight downward angle. There are
reasons for this and it has to do with driveshaft alignment. More likely
to be horizontal if the vehicle has a triple jointed driveshaft.

I may very well have been wrong when I said that the transmission seems to
be parallel to the garage floor.

When I align the transmission jack, based on what you just said, I will
plan to be tilted a few degrees such that the rear is lower than the front
then.