Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default Instructions for paint spraying.

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 00:01:06 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Trust you to try and bring the EU into it.

Well, if we *ever* get to leave it, I won't need to any more.

Oddly, everyone in charge of this country seems to realise what a stupid
idea it is.

Good quality car paint has never been cheap. And just what do you mean
by enamel?

I recall back in the day (70s) there was pretty much only two choices:
cellulose or 2-pack (a very nasty cyanide based paint made by Parsons).
The best cellulose IMHO was manufactured by Glasurit (you may remember
the tins all came with their parrot logo on the front) and it was only
about a fiver a litre at the time. Very reasonable indeed.

Metallic paints were pretty rare in the '70s. And think you'd find they
cost rather more than a fiver a litre.

--
*When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.