Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Using a 16A appliance in a 13A socket?

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:22:16 +0100, pamela wrote:

On 16:07 22 Sep 2017, Brian Gaff wrote:

Not a lot. I'm assuming the voltages and cps are the same. If
its fused at 13 amp then why not. I'm assuming that you can fit
normal fuses to their 16 amp plugs of course If its not fused
then that really depends on the safety rules over there. Just
don't call out the repair man as they might be a bit expensive!
Brian

This somehow reminds me of Prince Philip looking at a fuseboard on
a factory tour and saying: "It looks as if it was put in by an
Indian electrician".

Unlike HRH I don't suppose you are accustomed to being addressed as
"Sir".
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%