Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dim lights for corridor

On Friday, 22 September 2017 10:22:41 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 21 September 2017 17:38:21 UTC+1, DICEGEORGE wrote:
excellent point whisky-dave,
i hadnt thought of that advantage of dim lights:
not to get dazzled and losing nightsight in the middle of the night when going for a ****.
I'm researching dimmers, different LEDs are incompatible with some trailing edge dimmers because LEDs are not regulated, it seems.
[g]

I know thre's plenty of info on such things although some on here just don't understand the differncies, most LEDs or rather the PSU driving the LED work better with trailing edge circuitry and most seem to use MOSFET rather than TRIACs. Using leading edge with traics gets more power disipated in other componets such as the diac and other componets and they 'blow' up which means replacing a working TRIAC with the same type won't change anything..

Shaking head.