Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 09/21/2017 12:21 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
I can have her press the pedal but I'd have to know how much travel to look
for at the transmission itself.

I can't give you a concrete number but typically they're designed to use
most of the travel of the slave cylinder. Obviously it can't bottom out
on either end but you should see smooth travel throughout its range of
motion, with a little play in the lever when it's fully retracted.