Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trumble Trumble is offline

Default Mounting base for a 3D-printer

On 21-Sep-17 11:06 PM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Guys,

I hate to mention the topic of wood, but I want to mount a 3D-printer on a flat stable base so I can move it around without disturbing the delicate (poor design) setup.

I cannot afford a 24" square piece of 1/2" aluminum and cannot lift a 24" square piece of 1/2" mild steel.

So, I am looking at 3/4" MDF, OSB and plywood, but open to other helpful suggestions, but low cost is the operative.

Which of those options is likely to be the most stable? The machine has many brackets for attaching to a base, so flexing and stability is at the pointy end.

Thanks

I wanted a sturdy base for my miniCNC router.
I got two pieces of 19mm MDF board and glued / screwed them together.
The result is very sturdy.