Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 09/21/2017 11:43 AM, Chaya Eve wrote:
How does this cheap $100 transmission jack look?
https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ack-61232.html

Like a Harbor Freight jack From the reviews t doesn't sound like it
holds the transmission securely without some extra work. I don't rag on
Harbor Freight often but I've had mixed success. I bought a floor jack
and it does work but on the first use it spit the saddle out when the
rivet failed. Nothing that couldn't be cured with a bolt but still not
the greatest quality. China Freight is what it is as they say. The
Pittsburg wrenches aren't bad and I carry them on the bikes. If somebody
rips off the tool tube it isn't a major loss.

With HF, the less moving parts the better. I'd definitely go with the
saddle adapter if you can find one.